Who's the best blog administrator?

Monday, October 22, 2007

Great Lent

-Great Lent lasts for forty days like lent, but people also fast the next week. The next week is called Holy Week. This is the week leading up to Easter.
-Sundays are not skipped when calculating the length.
-Great Lent begins on Clean Monday, the seventh Monday before Easter.
-Grent Lent ends the Friday before Palm Sunday.
-People usually give up something such as a favorite food or something they enjoy alot for the time period of Great Lent.
-Great Lent is very similar to Lent.
-It is a fasting period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lent

2 comments:

Jack E. said...

Since I only celebrate lent, I didn't know this Great Lent existed, and that people fasted during the holy week. Also, I had never heard of "Clean Monday" which was interesting.

Ashley said...

I've never even heard of the term "Great Lent" before. And I didn't know there was a difference between Lent and Great Lent. But now I realize Great Lent is the week of fasting.